second life

All the puppets have a second life besides the stage performance. For those thinking that puppets live most of their "life's" on boxes, here I show you a picture of Sr. Aparo.
Although this picture is a joke, it's true that the relationship between puppet and people changes if we're rather dealing with its builder or its puppeteer among several other concepts. Some could tell you that they have a close connection with the object, as if it was a living creature. For me, it never stops being an object made with tools and materials. In spite of the fact that they were built by me, I always see them as objects that serve a mean, and that mean is to resemble life.
I could probably think this way because I'm constantly building puppets for others, but let's stop it here by now.


No comments: